Re: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5 Linux - Automatic Discovery not working

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5 Linux - Automatic Discovery not working
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:47:24 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:49:05 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Usman,
That is exactly what I just said. There is no "ping thingy" on UNIX/Linux and you should put all routers in the seed file. I don't know how else to make this any clearer for you.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "Usman Taokeer" <usman.taokeer@gmail.com>"Usman Taokeer" <usman.taokeer@gmail.com>

          "Usman Taokeer" <usman.taokeer@gmail.com>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          08/19/2007 12:03 PM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

Re: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5 Linux - Automatic Discovery not working

James,

Yes correct we just moved from Windows to Linux (same box same network). Community strings are added in the 'alternate community names' file, but the ping thingy is not working. I have to put the router in the seed file!

Regards,
Usman Taokeer