Re: [NV-L] IBM Tivoli Network Manager Entry Edition now available

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] IBM Tivoli Network Manager Entry Edition now available
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:56:41 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:10:14 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

The ITNM Entry Reports do not use the Omnibus/Reporter, which is being phased out by Tivoli in favor of a new tool to be incorporated across all Tivoli products called Tivoli Common Reporting. This new tool is based on an open source foundation known as Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT), so that you can create your own reports by downloading the BIRT editor from the web. ITNM Entry Edition is the first Tivoli Product to ship canned reports using Tivoli Common Reporting.

Below is the list of canned reports available in ITNM EE provided out of the box. If you already have the full ITNM IP Edition, they are available as a separate package for you to install and use. You can generate a report on demand from the Webtop GUI or generate reports via the CLI. You can schedule a cron job to generate reports daily and have them always at hand as a PDF.

There three categories of canned reports, current status, asset, and troubleshooting.

1. Current Status Reports
Report Name Description
Acknowledged Events by First Occurrence Displays a list of events that are acknowledged and have severity higher than warning.
Unacknowledged Events by First Occurrence Displays a list of events that are unacknowledged and have severity higher than warning.

2. Asset Reports
Report Name Description
Card Detail By Card Type Displays the results of card discovery operations performed by the entity MIB agent.
Card Detail By Device Type Displays the same data source as the ITNM Card Detail by Card Type report, except it is organized by device type.
Discovery Drilldown Displays the results of the ITNM network discovery. Using this report, the user can view a table showing the devices on your network organized by device vendor.
Hardware MAC Vendor Displays information on equipment vendors with registered MAC addresses.
Interface Availability Displays the availability of all interfaces grouped by node, class and vendor.
IP Addressing Summary Displays information on the IP addresses used in the network grouped according to CIDR notations.
Operating System by Device Displays information on the Operating Systems running on the various devices in your network.
Summary By Device Class Displays a bar graph with the number of devices on your network displayed by ITNM class name.
Vendor and Device Availability Displays class names and device counts grouped by vendor.

3. TroubleShooting Reports
Report Name Description
Devices with Unknown SNMP Object IDs Displays those devices with unknown SNMP Object IDs.
Devices with Unclassified SNMP Object IDs Displays those devices with SNMP Object IDs that have not been assigned to specific classes.
Devices with no SNMP Access Displays those devices that have no SNMP Access.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "Ahsan Ali" <ahsanali@gmail.com>"Ahsan Ali" <ahsanali@gmail.com>

          "Ahsan Ali" <ahsanali@gmail.com>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          09/29/2007 10:13 PM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

Re: [NV-L] IBM Tivoli Network Manager Entry Edition now available

Do we get node availability reports in the new reporting tool?

Or do we need to use Omnibus/Reporter for that?

-Ahsan