Re: [NV-L] Application port monitoring

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Application port monitoring
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:56:49 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:57:18 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

You got our best answer already.

You said you had two servers you could monitor successfully and one you could not.  If you did not have to do anything on the other two servers to get monitoring to work, then why would you ask us if something is missing in their configuration?  Get the configs for the ones that work and compare them with the ones that don't.  If you don't have access, ask whomever in your organization does.

And if that doesn't help, turn on the tracing in the manner we already suggested.  In fact I would do that first and see what servmon says.  Restart him if you have to.

If you still can't figure it out, then you'll have to open a problem with IBM Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

"fairoze k" <fairoze2002@gmail.com>
Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

04/10/2008 02:15 AM
Please respond to
Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
Re: [NV-L] Application port monitoring

Do i have to enable anything from server (Application:EAI) side?