[NV-L] NetView TEMA application support won't install on ITM 6.2 FP1

Subject: [NV-L] NetView TEMA application support won't install on ITM 6.2 FP1
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:06:00 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:12:09 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
I have TEMS, TEPS, TEPD on Win2k3 at ITM 6.2 FP1. I have the NetView TEMA from NetView 7.1.5 FP2 on a SuSE Linux system that has been working well for ages against an ITM 6.1 FP5 environment. I have reconfigured my NetView TEMA and the Linux base OS agent to point at my 6.2 environment and the agents come up fine.

Trying to install TEMS, TEPS and TEPD application support for the NV TEMA on my Windows box is failing all over the place.

1) Selecting TEPS App Suppt gives an error message saying I need to install the prerequisite of IBM DB2 Universal Database 8.1 or higher.... - I am using DB2 9.1 FP4 - can't get past this one. 2) Installing TEMS and TEPD support has lots of trouble stopping and starting existing ITM processes - kept getting messages saying to stop processes manually. When I did this, the install did eventually finish.

After install of TEMS and TEPD support, I still don't see anything in my ITM6 Navigator underneath the Tivoli NetView Server entry - but I guess this is expected as the extra workspaces will be part of the NetView TEMA TEPS support - which won't install.

Anyone else had a go with this with better results?

Cheers,
Jane

Skills 1st Limited, 2 Cedar Chase, Taplow, Bucks, SL6 0EU, UK.
Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 3458854.
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2008 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.