RE: [NV-L] NetView trapd.log messages

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] NetView trapd.log messages
From: "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:00:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:12:36 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
You are correct,  it is from the demand polling. We had two nodes at a remote site report down since 8:30am when a demand poll was conducted at 4:00pm.  The interesting part to this is that the nodes stayed green and did not turn red all day until after I stopped and restarted netmon ion the afternoon.  The only reason I stopped and restarted netmon was to run ovtopofix -A before I run the hotbackup.

Trapd.log indicates that the two nodes went down at 8:30am. One of the devices is part of a smartset and has its polling set to icmp every 5m

Any ideas why the nodes stayed green?

Thanks,

Kevin Sperry
IT Analyst, Data Center Monitoring Control