RE: [NV-L] NvserverdPrimeTecEvents=NO

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] NvserverdPrimeTecEvents=NO
From: "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:54:21 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:05:19 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
James,

I must has jumped over this in the reference guide as I did not see this.  Sorry about that. There is a wealth of information there.

I uncommented NvserverdSendSeverityTecEvents=YES so that we could see critical events on the TEC console but the reference guide suggests not to do this unless you are migrating and have not yet adopted the the new TEC rules.

I will comment this out, perform a nvtecia -reload and assume that we will need to change the severity of events in TEC, correct? (Especially for the interface down and node down events).

Thank you very much,

Kevin Sperry
IT Analyst, Data Center Monitoring Control
nationalgrid
7437 Henry Clay Blvd. Bldg#3

Liverpool, NY 13088
Phone:  (315) 460-2688 Internal: 829-2688
Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com