[NV-L] NetView 7.1.5 on Linux with DB2

To: <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] NetView 7.1.5 on Linux with DB2
From: "Brinkworth, Rob" <rob.brinkworth@landg.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:29:19 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:30:03 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hi List,

I want to install NetView 7.1.5 on RHEL 4 running on Intel hardware.
This appears to be a supported combination and I've done a basic install
on a test box which works just fine.
To get out of it what we need in production, I'd need to use
nvcollectord rather than snmpCollect (for the SNMP v2 support) and I
want to store the collected data in a database. From the documentation
it seems that I can't use TEDW and I can't use Framework supports. My
only option is to install DB2 UDB ESE 8.2 from the relevant CD that
ships with the NetView.
The problem is that when I look at the NetView 7.1.5 CD images on
Passport Advantage, which are shipped under the TEC umbrella, the only
flavour of DB2 8.2 for Linux is for PowerPC, i.e. i-
Series or p-Series (C58SAML).
What I think I need is a CD for DB2 8.2 for Linux on x-Series (386). I
can probably grab a CD from my DBA colleagues but I'm worried that if it
doesn't ship with this then it may not be supported, although I can't
find that written down anywhere.

Am I missing something here and/or just being dense?!

Best Regards,
Rob Brinkworth.

This email (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose,
copy, distribute, disseminate or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this message in error please reply and tell us and then delete it.
Should you wish to communicate with us by email we cannot guarantee the
security of any data outside our own computer systems. For the protection of
Legal & General's systems and staff, incoming emails will be automatically
scanned. Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable
terms and conditions and must not be construed as giving investment advice
within or outside the United Kingdom.

Legal & General Group plc is registered in England under company number 1417162
and is a holding company.

The registered office for all companies in the Legal & General group is One
Coleman Street London EC2R 5AA.

The following subsidiary companies of Legal & General Group Plc are authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority: Legal & General Partnership
Services Limited, Legal & General Insurance Limited, Legal & General Assurance
Society Limited, Legal & General (Unit Trust Managers) Limited and Legal &
General (Portfolio Management Services) Limited.

Legal & General International (Ireland) is incorporated in Ireland under
company number 440141 with its registered office at Beaux Lane House, Lower
Mercer Street, Dublin 2, Ireland and is authorised by the Financial Regulator
in Ireland.

Full details can be found at http://www.legalandgeneralgroup.com