[NV-L] Timeout for 'down' nodes to be removed from Netview Map

To: nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
Subject: [NV-L] Timeout for 'down' nodes to be removed from Netview Map
From: Nick Lomax3 <LOMAXN@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:57:38 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:57:05 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hello,

We are using Netview 7.1.4 on AIX 5.3 to monitor our network.

A node was not contactable by Netview due to ongoing network issues that lasted a  couple of  weeks. The node was automatically removed from the Netview IP ring within this period of time.  When the node was back up, Netview did not automatically add the node back to the IP ring.

Is there a timeout settings for Netview that controls how long a 'down' node will continue to be shown on the map before it is removed?

I have had a look at the reference guide for netmon and ovtopmd.  There does not appear to be a configuration control for this feature.

Many thanks,

Nick

Nick Lomax
Email: lomaxn@uk.ibm.com