Re: Netview 5 reporting capabilities

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 5 reporting capabilities
From: Dominique JEANNEROD <jeannerod@APOGEE-COM.FR>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 13:09:14 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
At 11:15 01/06/98 -0400, you wrote:
>For those of you who use NetView 5, what kind of reporting facilities does
it provide?  NetView 4 doesn't give a whole lot, but from hearing about the
web capabilities of NV 5 I'm wondering if they've expanded those
capabilities in that release.  I guess
>my question would be does NetView 5 do a good enough job at creating
reports  ( if at all ) and making them available to management for example,
or would I still have to go to a third party product to get any use out of it?

You should look at a dedicated product like ProViso : www.quallaby.com, to
produce report and make them available automatically (files, web, ...)

>Thanx

        Dominique JEANNEROD. Responsable technique
|        APOGEE Communications, Agence Sud-Est                 |
|        113 boulevard Stalingrad, 69100 VILLEURBANNE          |
|        Phone : 0478173838 -- Fax : 0478173839                |