Re: Objects in the database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Objects in the database
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:16:07 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi James,

Some things that I would check are:-

    -presence of seed file ( being used by netmon ) - especially looking for
     distinctions between the two ( check the configurations of netmon through
     SMIT configuration tool )
    -Some element of division of the network between the two Netview servers
     ( eg. via backup  - could see evidence of this via looking for unmanaged
     networks ).
    -Do you have collections defined differently on one machine as against the
other
      ( check submap of collections glyph )

I can't think of anything else for the moment but if I do I'll send it on.

Regards,

Simon