Migrating NV database to SQL Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Migrating NV database to SQL Server
From: Mark_Sklenarik@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:51:13 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ronivon.
First there will be a small problem setting NetView V5.0 on AIX up to use
MS SQL database through RIM, the scripts fail to correctly define tables in
MS SQL database, basically you will not be able to get  it to work...
Current plan is not to correct this in the near future.

How important is it that you connect NetView V5.0 on AIX to a MS SQL
database?
Can you use Sybase or Oracle?

>Hi,
>
> I have Netview 5 running on AIX 4, using the default Netview database.
>Now we need to migrate the Netview database to MS SQL Server running on
>Windows NT.
> The Netview 5 still on the RISC/6000 with AIX 4.
>
>Question:  Will the current database and maps be lost?
>           This kind of migration is seamless or will that bring
>           some kind or trouble?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Ronivon.
>
>--