ovxbeep via Xwindows session

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ovxbeep via Xwindows session
From: Marc Russo <mrusso@AL.IISL.COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:58:05 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have NV 5 running on AIX 4.2.  I can connect via Reflections X and when I
execute ovxbeep, the sound is just fine.  I have another PC running
Hummingbird Exceed and when I connect to NV and execute ovxbeep, I can
barely hear it on my speakers.  The sound level in app-defaults/XNm is set
at +100.  I am using the same userid to login to the system.  All local
sounds on the PC are easily heard.  Is there some setting I am missing in
Exceed?  Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Marc Russo (mrusso@al.iisl.com)
International Integrated Solutions, LTD