Seedfile usage in NV 4.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Seedfile usage in NV 4.1
From: luc Barnouin <Luc.L.B.BARNOUIN@FR.AIRSYSATM.THOMSON-CSF.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 16:49:37 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi everybody,

I am trying to use seedfile in order to speed-up and limit Netview
auto-discovery.
The version I use is TME 10 Netview for Digital Unix release 4.1E (+ patchs).
According to the tests I performed, it seems that :

- negative declaration (use of '!') is not possible (core of netmon : is this a
new feature of NV 5.0 ?)
- IP address range is not taken into account for Netview local subnet
- IP address range is not taken into account if you ping manually a node
outside this range

Are these results due to wrong manipulations, or is this normal?
What will be the behaviour of NV 5.0 ?

Thanks for any help

Luc Barnouin
Airsys ATM