Re: help

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: help
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:28:01 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Leonardo,

Sorry I forgot to attempt to answer the other part of your question ( ie.
if you
put the IP address of a gateway in your seedfile will you see the subnet ).

It seems that if your gateway is not SNMP managegable that this is not
assured.
The reasoning is that the NETMON daemon will attempt to discover
information
about the gateway ( including other interfaces it has and associated IP
address
and netmask information to determine the network identity ) from the MIB
of the gateway.   If this is your problem then you may have a bit more luck

identifying in your seedfile the gateway and downstream nodes ( on the
networks to be discovered ) which are running snmp agents ( Because this
will provide access to local arp information and speed the discovery
process ).

But there are issues with the construction of your seedfile which may
obscure this
so we need to address this first.

Simon Long