Filtering Token Ring Insert / Deinsert messages from Event

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Filtering Token Ring Insert / Deinsert messages from Event History log
From: John Mutrux <JMutrux@GENAM.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:03:27 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
How is the filtering of the TR insert/deinsert messages from the Event
History log best accomplished.  We cannot suppress them at the source (the
hub that is producing them) at this time.  Our log is filling up with them.

I know the Enterprise specific and generic trap information.  It seems that
filters work backwards in that when you add one it is to allow only these
messages to display, whereas what I want is all messages to display except
these.  Is Ruleset Editor the way to go, and if so how do I activate the
filter?

Thanks,
John Mutrux