How could we detect ISDN connections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How could we detect ISDN connections
From: Luis Romero Huerta <koldor@JET.ES>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:08:14 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <koldor@jet.es>
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all:

We've some Bay Networks Routers, (AN, ASN) connected by leased
lines in our WAN. ) The lines backup is allways ISDN. If the router
detect that the leased line is down, call from a ISDN adapter. We've
a big problem because the routers don't go back to leased line when
it goes up. The communication continue with ISDN adapter.

We've to detect with our Netview plattform when the router switch
and work with ISDN? We think there are 2 methods:

1) Collect a Mib Variable, (we don't know what is), and create events
     when this variable change.
2) Create a event in the router when it changes from Leased Line to
    ISDN and send it to Netview.

Could anybody help us please. Thanks for all

Regards

Luis Romero Huerta
Michelin Spain Telecom Dept
Phone +34 83 369034