Re: Resend :Netview and Nways Integrated

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Resend :Netview and Nways Integrated
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:33:31 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Brian CL Hwang wrote:

> I want to invoke IBM Nways Manager graphic device panel from
> Netview 5.0a in windows NT.
> In Netview IP map, i have a object (IBM 2210) , can i double click the object
> then
> get a graphic device panel from Nways Manager?

Nways WorkGroup Manager for NT does not normally run on the same
platform as Netview on NT, both because Nways on NT has it's own
topology manager, and because it, too, watches for traps.  You can do
it, though, if you shut down the Nways trap reception.  That's the only
real conflict to running both appls on the same platform.  As for
launching the Java applet eui from inside Netview, I don't think so, at
least not directly.  There are too many dependencies on the other pieces
of the application.  If you could kludge it, it wouldn't be a supported
configuration.

Having said that, the Nways java applications run from a browser, too,
of course.  The intention is to run them remotely, but if you could kick
a browser off from within Netview it might work.  I know in the AIX
platform, you can define a URL for a device.  Not sure about NT.