Symbol delete and manual symbol add question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Symbol delete and manual symbol add question
From: Greg Padden <greg_padden@INS.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:08:28 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've got a basic how-to question:

1. I've got two maps.
2. Each map has a symbol (let's call it router_A).
3. I delete router_A from one map.
4. I say "Oops, I didn't really mean to do that".
5. I manually add the symbol router_A.
6. During the manual add. A popup says that object already exists in the
database.
6. The symbol router_A is demand pollable.
7. The symbol NEVER changes from blue to green.

My Question:

Is it possible to get router_A on the map to ever turn from blue to green
without first deleting all the router_A symbols from all maps and then
doing the manual add?

Thanks for any help in advance...

Greg Padden                                        __     ______      __
Network Systems Engineer                      / \    |     |    /   \
International Network Services, Seattle      / I \ * |  N  | * (  S  )
Voice: (425) 462-1802                       /_____\  |_____|    \ _ /
Fax:   (425) 462-1896
11120 N.E. 8th Street,                       "Providing the power of
Suite 150, Bellevue, WA 98004                   Operable networks"
Email mailto: Greg_Padden@ins.com

Email Page mailto: page_Greg_Padden@ins.com
Message/Page Center:  +1.800.467.1467
http://www.ins.com