Re: Non local maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Non local maps
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:26:23 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Did you import your database from some other machine?  That's the only way
I can think of which could create this problem, unless you used to have a
client and got rid of it.

Do an ovwls and see what maps you have.  If they are alleged to be on other
hosts, then do
 mapadmin -u mapname:hostname
and see if you can change the ownership to your machine.  Then you can try
mapadmin or the GUI to delete them (there is a man page for mapadmin).
If you have permission problems, look man ovwperms to see what commands you
can use to alter the map owner and permissions.  The root user should be
able to do all this.

There is dynatext on all these commands as well.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

vpretor@FAST.CO.ZA on 06/16/98 05:17:12 PM

Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU