Solution for " Error when reading file background " with Optivity

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Solution for " Error when reading file background " with Optivity 8.1
From: Goris Davy <davy.goris@ORDAB.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:02:26 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I encountered this problem today after installing Optivity 8.1. The
problem was a missing bitmap file. So I created a correct bitmap file,
which I attatch to this email (it's only 178 bytes gzipped).

Do the following commands (as root) to correct the problem without
deleting any bitmap files :

<put the file baynet_baystack-150.38.m.gz in /tmp. If FTP'ing, use
binary mode>
# cd /tmp
# gzip -d baynet_baystack-150.38.m.gz
# chmod u+w /usr/OV/bitmaps/C
# cp baynet_baystack-150.38.m /usr/OV/bitmaps/C
# chmod a-w /usr/OV/bitmaps/C/baynet_baystack-150.38.m
<exit any netview clients>
# /usr/OV/bin/ovw -config
# chmod u-w /usr/OV/bitmaps/C

This worked fine with me. The only thing I did to resolv the "Error when
reading file background" message, was this patch, so I'm pretty sure
that this missing file caused the problem.

Since I know that the people from Bay Networks also follow this mailing
list, I am not opening this case with them. I trust that you won't sue
me for distributing your source code :-) Although, it's actually my
source code. But I won't sue you for distributing it :-)

I hope this solves the problem for everone,

Davy Goris
System & Network Engineer
Orda-B Belgium