RE : GTM on Netview V5 for AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE : GTM on Netview V5 for AIX
From: luc Barnouin <Luc.L.B.BARNOUIN@FR.AIRSYSATM.THOMSON-CSF.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:48:11 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
--- Begin Message ---
To: spinyol@softhome.net
Autoforwarded: false
Salvador,

We are just trying to migrate from V4 (TME10 Netview V4.1E for Digital Unix) to
V5 (TME10 Netview 5.0a for Digital Unix), and we had this problem yesterday.
Our application based on gtm API just cores in the first call to nvot library.
We tried to use the sample programs wich are part of NV delivery, and were
unable to make them running.
I know that IBM policy (before Tivoli integration) was not to maintain this API
(problem of performances) in later release, but not to remove them. I don't
know Tivoli policy on this subject, but anyway the API is still part of V5, and
it should work ...
We are in contact with french Digital support to get some more informations.

If anyone knows more about it, I would be very interrested ...

Luc Barnouin
Airsys ATM France

>Hi,
>
>I've devoloped an application on Netview V4.1 that uses the GTM api, and
>it works without problems, but when I try to run it on Netview V5 for
>Aix the gtmd deamon goes down when my program calls the
>nvotDeleteUsingSap Api.
>
>Does anybody know if anything has changed in the GTM, or maybe if there
>are any fix for Netview V5?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Salvador Pinyol.
>spinyol@softhome.net