Re: NetView not discovering nodes in next segment

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView not discovering nodes in next segment
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:39:54 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I don't know why your second router is not being discovered (netmon
discovery is not something I do) but the usual suggestion is to add one or
two node to the seed file which are on the other side ot it and see if
netmon can discover those.  Then he'll have to add the router to connect
them.

Make sure you ovstop netmon when you update the seed file and then ovstart
him again so he picks up the changes.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

JMutrux@GENAM.COM on 06/18/98 09:43:29 AM