Ref. : Rule/IP association

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Ref. : Rule/IP association
From: Thierry Van Mol <thierry.van-mol@CIEV.VD.CH>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:28:28 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Anothor possibility is to create a collection with your servers. Then in you
ruleset you can put an inline action that calls the wtcoll utility to check if
the
source of the event is in the collection. This is in Netview V4, I believe
that in Netview V5 you don't need wtcoll but there is a specific rule node
to check if a node is in a collection.

Thierry Van Mol                            email: thierry.van-mol@ciev.vd.ch
Centre Informatique de l'Etat de Vaud      Tel: 41 (0) 21 316 27 05

NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu le 20/06/98 17:20:17
Veuillez répondre à NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu @ INTERNET
Pour : NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu @ INTERNET
cc :
Objet : Rule/IP association

Hello,

I would like to develop a rule that performs a specified action upon the
occurence of a 'Node Down' event.
The challenge is I only want to associate this action with a limited number of
my servers (approx. 40 out of 100).

Is there an easier way to do this other than using 40 Event Attribute nodes,
each equating argument #2 with the specific IP Address of each server ?   The
IP addressing scheme does not follow much of a pattern.

Thanks for any help.
Michael Twerago
mtwerago@us.ibm.com