netmon problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: netmon problems
From: "Patrick C. F. Ernzer" <pcfe@UNIX-AG.UNI-KL.DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:30:21 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I have a problem with NetView for AIX V4R1

I configured a seed file via smit as explained in the documetation

But since I did that, every time I start NetView I get the error

The network monitor (netmon) is not running.
Restart it with the command: ovstart netmon.

Doing this will not help (i.e. the error pops up again after a short time.

If I do ovstart -v I see

 object manager name: netmon
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               RUNNING
 PID:                 20380
 last message:        Initialization complete.
 exit status:         -

Now please bear with me, I was put in front of NetView 3 days ago
and I'm still struggling with it...

Would a kind soul help me.

RU

PCFE

BTW: Yes I did try to search for the info via the listserver,
     but netmon is not a good search term...
--------------- http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~pcfe -------------------
                                   | And if I say I hate this place
 Patrick C. F. Ernzer              | Don't take it as personal
 e-mail:  pcfe@gmx.net             | Just coz I want to kill somebody
--go-and-make-your-own-disclaimer--+-------New-Model-Army----125-mph--