Problem with Management of HP Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problem with Management of HP Server
From: Roger Kearsley <KEARSR@SPCS.BRITISHSTEEL.CO.UK>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:22:34 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Roger Kearsley
06/26/98 02:22 PM

To:   NV-L @ UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:

I have a problem with NetView's management of a couple of HP servers. They
used to be OK, but recently they have 'behaved' peculiarly. They are
discovered alright and appear in the correct submap, but a day later
(presumably when the next configuration check is done) their interfaces are
deleted and hence disappear from their submap. Regularly over a period of
time the interfaces are re-discovered and appear on the submap only to be
deleted a couple of minutes later.
Subsequently, ipmap deletes the nodes and so a little while later the nodes
are rediscovered and the whole 'cycle' as described above starts again.

Has anyone any idea what might be going on? The administrators of the HP
servers cannot find anything obviously wrong with the configuration of the
servers.

We are running Netview 4.1.2 on AIX 4.1.5.

I enclose 2 attachments, one an extraction from trapd.log for one of the
servers and another the contents of the database when a node is 'fully'
discovered.

(See attached file: rktrapd.log)
(See attached file: rkobj)