Re: What is better Netview V4 or V5

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: What is better Netview V4 or V5
From: SHANKS@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:34:49 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
There are new ruleset functions in V5 that are not in V4.  In V5 you can
query a collection to see a host is a member and you select on event
attributes such as category and severity.  These were not available in V4.
If you are planning a migration, I would wait a few weeks until V5.1 is
available, since the migration function has been improved in that release.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

koldor@JET.ES on 06/30/98 03:38:26 AM

Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU