Availability of routers & interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Availability of routers & interfaces
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor@FAST.CO.ZA>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 20:55:36 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi all

I am trying to calculate the availability of my routers and interfaces
to acertain the total up time for a month.
I tried using the if LastChange mib but I am told that unless I get
the system up time it will be useless. Also I do a snmpColDump -T which
prints out the time in seconds from 1970 and don't know how to convert to
actual hours.

Could somebody please show me an easy/ better method of calculating
availaility.

P.S. These are Cisco routers and we do have Ciscoworks 3 with AIX 4.1.5 and
Netview 4

Thanks
Vynita P