c program in netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: c program in netview
From: "Bacon, Benjamin" <Benjamin.Bacon@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:17:47 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi
I'm new to the list and net view and have a question about writing a c
program for net view to monitor ip status.  If the ip status is not
normal I want it to write the information about the node to a text file.

here are the steps I want the program to go through to get the end
result

1. if anode = true
2. if collection_facility = dir_name =
3. if ip_status != normal
4. then list fields to #5 which is an array
                                1. collection_name
                                2. ip_address
                                3. interface_description
                                4. TopM_interfaces that = down  (will
end up being a string)
                                5. selection_name

5. write data to an array = selction_name, collection_name, ip_address,
        interface_description, and topM_interface
6. Loop back to beginning until all objects have been checked
7. when loop is done write array to output file */

I am wondering if anyone on the list has had experience writing a script
of this type and what would be the best way to use OVwDbGetFieldValues
to search for the data I am looking for in net view.

Thanks
Benjamin