Re: NetView 5 for NT on a laptop

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView 5 for NT on a laptop
From: Jeffrey_Snover@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:43:22 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
>As an unusual side effect, since installing Netview, netstat -r gets an
error: The procedure entry point >SnmpSvcGetEnterpriseOID could not be
>located in the dynamic link library snmpapi.dll, and
 >\usr\ov\bin\rnetstat -r crashes every time I launch it.  I think this may
have something to do with the netmon >
 error.

 I'd bet a dollar that you had NT with ServicePack 3, then you went to
install NetView and it
 told you you had to have SNMP so you installed it BUT you didn't reinstall
ServicePack3
 (like the releasenotes said [I hope]).

 When you install SNMP, it blows away certain files that SP3 put down (cool
huh?) so you
 have to reinstall SP3 afterwords.  That should make your other problem go
away.

 Jeffrey