Re: no access to maps through web-Interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: no access to maps through web-Interface
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:10:45 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have heard that NetView 5.1 will remove the requirement for the root user
to have the map open R/W for the web interface to work.  There is a
reference in the 5.1 Release Notes to a new command called chmod_web_ovw
that "is used to give or block access to the maps".  I have not tried this,
so I do not know for sure if it works.