NMS: NC ovpa process failure

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NMS: NC ovpa process failure
From: Aaron Perry <aaron_perry@INS.COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 13:29:30 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
NMS gurus,

We're using NerveCenter 3.01 to forward informs to NV6K 5.0.  The
ovpa process has been failing every 60 minutes.  The NC syslog
file on failure announces the following:

                Category 5  3002
                Inform OV socket receive onclose

NV6K gives an Exited on Signal 15 message.

I've been informed that Seagate doesn't support version 5 of NV6K
until August but I am in a dire need of resolution of the above
ASAP.   Swap space has been increased with no positive results.

TIA, AP