Re: mgragentd consuming cpu cycles

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: mgragentd consuming cpu cycles
From: Andrew Chong <Andrew.Chong@DIGITAL.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 13:47:36 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
James,

        There is no log file for mgragentd in /usr/OV/log. /etc/snmpd.conf
has all the default values and snmpd is running fine. I can mibwalk on any
devices on the network. This is true in both cases where mgragentd is not
running as well as where it consumes cpu.

        In the case where mgragentd is not running I don't seem to know it
is missing (i.e it has no noticeable effect on the system). I am not sure
at this stage why it is not running.

        In the case where mgragentd is consumng cpu, stopping the deamon
bring
cpu usage back to normal and again no other ill effects is observed.

        Both systems are running Digital Unix V4.0D.

        Are there any tracing facility for mgragentd ?
        If I am not using hot backup, what effect should be observed if this
daemon is
not running ?

Regards,
Andrew