Re: mgragentd consuming cpu cycles

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: mgragentd consuming cpu cycles
From: "Yoshiharu Enya, Tokyo Japan" <enya@ZOTTO.ENET.DEC-J.CO.JP>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 20:29:29 +0900
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi James-san, thanks for your many supports.

Andrew mentiond about NetView for Digital UNIX.
I think that integration mechanism of SNMP subagent
depends on UNIX platform.
For instance, where that daemon should be launched ? ...

As far as I know,
NetView 4.1x for Digital UNIX installer
made a hook to launch mgragentd or nv_mib
at /sbin/init.d/common_agent (before Digital UNIX 3.2)
or /sbin/init.d/snmpd (after Digital UNIX 4.0).

but NetView 5.0 for Digital UNIX ???

mgragentd is also launched at script /usr/OV/bin/netview.
so perhaps, mgragentd exists or not is equal to
GUI map has been opened or not. (or really died.)

So I made a script /sbin/init.d/mgragentd to
just launch /usr/OV/bin/mgragentd.
It works fine.

Andrew-san, How about /var/adm/syslog.dated/xxxxxx/daemon.log ?

--
Yoshihru Enya