Re: Re[2]: Error when Neview startup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Error when Neview startup
From: Maria Burke <mburke@RPM.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 13:43:10 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
To recontinue an old question....

I have just finished installing Optivity NMS 8.1 on NetView 4.1 and have the
same problem, an error message stating "Error during reading background
file."  I have no zero length files and I did as Steve suggested, removed
all the files in /usr/OV/bitmaps/C that did not have file extensions.
However, once I accessed NetView, all of these files recreated themselves.

Again, does anyone have any other solutions to this error?

Thanks!
Maria Burke