Re: MRTG performance grapher

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MRTG performance grapher
From: Rick Barhydt <rlbarhy@BCBSO.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:43:00 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Jane,
        MRTG is not an integrated application to be layered on top of
netview. It is, however, a tool that can be of value for providing
web based graphs of traffic flow accross your routers. It has its own
snmp data collection capability and also manages that data by reducing the
data over time to give you longer time frame trends. You can use the
netview web server to make the data available to your intranet. We implemented
MRTG on one of our AIX MLM nodes and serve up the data to our intranet web
server.

        RickB