ForeView 4.3 on NetView 4.1.2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ForeView 4.3 on NetView 4.1.2
From: Alain Menezes <a.menezes@CGER.BE>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:06:19 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I just installed ForeView 4.3 on AIX 4.1.5 and NetView 4.1.2

1) the snmpCollect daemon doesn't start with the first 'ovstart', I've
got to run this command twice for the daemon to start.

2) While launching nv6000 I get 'background errors'. I checked the older
mails since I knew this problem had already been discussed about. I
tried whatever I found but it didn't help : compiling the bitmaps
(nv6000 -config) gives errors for several Fore bitmaps (TNX devices) but
if I remove the 'unsigned' keyword from the bitmap file (as advised in
one of the mails) or if I move the files to another directory, the map
window (root submap) remains empty : no icons at all !!!??

Has anyone encountered such errors ? Can amyone help ?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Alain Menezes                                   Email: a.menezes@cger.be
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74