Copying Databases Between Systems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Copying Databases Between Systems
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:24:41 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The backup/restore procedure documented below assumes that the daemons on both
machines are
configured the same way. Daemon configuration is not saved in the database
directory (guess you
figured that out...)  I'm thinking specifically of the configuration of the
netmon daemon to use a seedfile.
Try it again. It should work.

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit
(248) 552-4968 TL/896-4968

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 07-13-98

NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU on 07-09-98 04:17:45 PM
Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU