Does NetView V 4 and 5 make use of the Multiprocessor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Does NetView V 4 and 5 make use of the Multiprocessor
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:24:46 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Netview makes use of the multiple processors to the extent that there are a
number of
daemons involved. So up to a point, more processors help. But the daemons
themselves
are only dispatched on a single processor.  So ovwdb, netmon, nvcold, and other
big hitters
(unless they are waiting on each other) are helped. Add-on products are helped,
too,
like Nways and Optivity.

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 07-13-98

NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU on 07-10-98 05:08:42 AM
Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU