Netview growing Objects Database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview growing Objects Database
From: Serge FOURDRILIS <Serge_Fourdrilis@MAIL.SCHNEIDER.FR>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:25:45 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

I've got one NV 4.1 on AIX  monitoring a wide multi-site network with 15
000 IP adresses, and only 1500 SNMP devices to manage. Undesirables objects
consuming CPU, RAM, Disk ressources and corrupt performances so i need to
reduce the Objects Database. Seedfile seems not to be the way, while IP
adresses of SNMP devices can change (two differents teams to install /
manage the entire Network).
Is it possible to limit Netview Object Database to only SNMP devices ?
I was told that with NV 5.1 discovery can be defined based on SNMP sysOID,
like 1.3.6.1.2., is this right, and could
this improvement solve my problem ?

Thanks for your help