Re: decnis 600

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: decnis 600
From: "Salinas, Albert (A)" <ASALINAS@DOW.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:51:03 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Alex,

The DECnis 600 can be somewhat managed via snmp using the standard MIB-2
and DIGITAL mibs.
However many of the parameters that need to be changed are not included
in the MIB-2 and standard DIGITAL mibs.
I have been told that Digital has a set of MIBs for the DECnis 500 and
600 series routers, However I have not been able to
find them. We currently manage this devices via NCL ( Network Control
Language ) a dec utility for managing phase V decnet nodes and the
limited snmp via MIB-2 variables.

regards,
Albert Salinas