Re: new logical volumes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: new logical volumes
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:03:38 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
As the names imply, the two volumes- /usr/CML/OStore/cache and
/usr/rabmv2/cache are used for the database caches for the ATM and ELAN
application in the first instance, and for RABM in the second instance.

They're used while you're running.  In reality, you can move them to a
different volume group or just have directories there for the purpose,
but having separate filesystems for the caches will protect /usr/ from
any problems should the caches have problems.

Jim Kellock.