ESE.automation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ESE.automation
From: Greg Redder <redder@YUMA.ACNS.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:58:52 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Dear all,

I am running NV5 on AIX4.2.1.

I make a modification to one of the rulesets that is loaded via
ESE.automation.  However, I can't seem to make NetView reread that ruleset
without going through smit and stopping/restarting all daemons. I've tried
just stopping and restarting ovactiond, but that doesn't seem to force a
reload of the rulesets.  I've tried doing a kill -1 on actionsvr and
nvcorrd (I know you aren't supposed to do it that way, but....) and that
doesn't work either. What is the easiest way to force a reread of the
rulesets loaded by ESE.automation?

Thank you --Greg Redder
            Network Analyst
            Colorado State University

Greg Redder                         Academic Computing & Networking Services
Colorado State University, ACNS     Phone:(970)491-7222  FAX:  (970)491-1958
601 S. Howes, Room 625              E-mail: redder@yuma.colostate.edu
Fort Collins, CO 80523              PGP Fprint:68CEE78C86AC452881B27249785FEE91