Re: userid/groups

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: userid/groups
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:48:09 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is not correct.  Did you do a new install, or is this a mksysb or
backup restore?  First off, you really should be installing Nways
Manager 1.2.1, not 1.2.  The CD is a free try-and-buy.  If the customer
has the license keys, they'll work with 1.2.1 as well as 1.2.

The /usr/OV mask is incorrect, too, though, so you have more than Nways
issues.

/usr/OV should be owned by root and have a 755 mask (drwxr-xr-x), same
as /usr/CML.  ALl of the directories under /usr/CML should have the
same, except to deinstall_log, conf, and data, which should be 777.