Re: Display Object Info

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Display Object Info
From: Peter Hadamovsky <phadamovsky@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:20:26 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Vynita Pretorius schrieb:

> -- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> Hi all
>
> I have an IP address which I can ping, demandpoll and when
> I do an ovtopdump it appears as up. however I can't find it on my map.
>
> With a long listing of Ovtopdump it states that it appears in one
> map. How do I find out which map it is in ?.
> Also I would like to run Display object information of that IP address
>
> from the command line how do I do it ?
> This is a NT Compaq server which I had discovered previously but with
> another IP address on another ring.
>
> Thanks
> Vynita P

   Hi Vynita,

To the first of your requests try the following:

put into a file if possible, or if you don't want to type it in every
time you'll need it:
#!/bin/ksh
for i in `ovmapdump -l|grep -v COMMENTS|awk '{print $1}'`
do
        echo "checking $i Map!"
        ovmapdump -m $i | grep $1
done

The second of your questions might be solved if you use

ovtopodump -l <address or name>

Best regards

    Peter