Erroneous Disk Utilization Error at NV Startup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Erroneous Disk Utilization Error at NV Startup
From: Jeff Dennison <jdennison@ADMIN.TC.FAA.GOV>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:01:27 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
     Having just completed a NV re-installation on one of our AIX machines,
     I have begun getting a disk utilization exceeded error from that
     machine upon any "ovstart".  However examining the disk utilization
     (df -k) shows none of the partitions have exceeded the set threshold
     (90%) and only one of the partitions is above the rearm threshold
     (70%).  Raising the rearm threshold to above the current utilization
     for that partitin has no effect.

     We have 20 NV machines around the US all configured exactly the same
     except for IP addresses and non of the other machines give this error
     upon startup (at least that we know about). Although this seems
     trivial, these machines monitor real-time life-critical network
     components and any anomaly must be corrected ASAP.

     Has anyone out there run into this before or have any ideas what this
     might be?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.