NetView V4R1 for AIX problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView V4R1 for AIX problems
From: "Patrick C. F. Ernzer" <pcfe@UNIX-AG.UNI-KL.DE>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:30:08 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I have a few problems with NetView, can somebody help?

* How do I change the default spacings for auto-layout of the map,
  icons are very crowded but the network is way to big to do
  manual layout.

* How come sometimes I get the error message "collmap: map is read only
  exiting" when the user (root) has rw-permissions on the file.
  The fact that another user is using the map (read-only) should not
  make this happen, or should it?

* Are there any updates I need to make (it's installed as is, no
  patches applied.
  If yes, where do I getr them?

TIA

PCFE

--------------- http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~pcfe -------------------
                                   | And if I say I hate this place
 Patrick C. F. Ernzer              | Don't take it as personal
 e-mail:  pcfe@gmx.net             | Just coz I want to kill somebody
--go-and-make-your-own-disclaimer--+-------New-Model-Army----125-mph--