Re: Error during reading background file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Error during reading background file
From: "John A. Dorsey" <dorsey@COLQUITT.ORG>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:19:49 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Anthony,

-> I am receiving a pop-up error message when starting Netview that reads
-> "Error during reading background file".  I started getting this message
-> after I reloaded CiscoWorks 4.0 onto Netview 5.0 - AIX 4.2.1.  I only have
-> one map and I have never set any background bitmaps.  I think I rememebr a
-> solution to this problem being posted a few months ago.  Does anyone recall
-> how to fix this problem?  Thanks.

        I just did this last night.  CiscoWorks installed a zero-length
file in netview's bitmaps directory, which is causing this error.
Find that and either delete it, or copy another bitmap over it.
Then call Cisco and ask why they haven't fixed this (ancient) problem.

                        John Dorsey