Re: Netview does not recognize Cisco Cat5500 switches

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview does not recognize Cisco Cat5500 switches
From: "Adair, Eddie" <eadair@FRK.COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:36:24 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I think the problem is in that Cisco hasn't provided a complete package
which covers the 5500's.  They apparently didn't provide the icons and
oid_to_xxxx things which Netview uses.  Although if you load the 5500
package you can use CiscoView to see the 5500's.  To get around the
Netview issue I copied then edited the 5000 icons and changed them into
5500 icons,  then added the oid of the 5500's to oid_to_sym and
oid_to_type.

Good Luck,
Eddie