Demand poll from clients

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Demand poll from clients
From: Neal Wallace {DNSAKL} <NealW@DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 16:08:44 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have a client machine connected to our Netview 5.0A (NT) server which
is not able to demand poll any nodes. I have access to another client
connected to an identical server on another network which also has the
same problem (though I was not involved with it's configuration).
Bearing in mind that both client machines have entries in their
respective hosts' files to the necessary nodes and that they also have
routes to the destinations in their routing tables (and the nodes have
routes back), is there any reason why these clients can not demand poll?
Both clients have read-only access to the servers, but even with write
access they do not seem able to demand poll.

Any and all help appreciated.

Neal Wallace
Network Consultant
Datacom Network Services