Migrating V4.1.2 to V5 collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Migrating V4.1.2 to V5 collection
From: Wolfgang Klein <wolfgang.klein@IKOSSVAN.DE>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 14:59:23 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wok@mail>
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
we have changed sucessfully from AIX Netview V4.1.2 to a new
installed V5 by copying some configuration-files with to
exceptions:
1. The configuration file of the collection(editor) was in V4.1.2
/usr/OV/conf/.collection.conf. But this file is not used in V5 and
i cannot find where the data typed in by the GUI is placed. I want
copy this file to other Netview-Boxes. Can somebody help me.
2. nvcorrd writes errors in the log /usr/OV/log/nvcorrd.alog if he
reads the rulesets of ESE.automation:
"....overrun on Pbuffer..." Is it a bug in nvcorrd or is it because i
have copied the V4.1.2 rulesets to V5?

Thanks in advance
Wolfgang Klein